BE SECURITY SMART WITH YOUR GARAGE DOOR
With so many Australians experience home invasions (one in five break ins are through unlocked / non secure doors), it is time we got garage door smart.
If you have ever had that feeling that all your previous valuables are gone or worry about the safety of your loved ones but have not done anything to secure your garage door yet, then now is the time to do so.
All too often we say it won’t happen to me but what if it does.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ‘GET SMART’ WITH YOUR GARAGE DOOR?
Start by making sure the most used item in our homes, ‘Our Garage Door’ is serviced & checked for any faults.
Garage Doors that aren’t serviced annually are at risk of faulting & usually while in use. When you garage door faults while in use your garage door will no longer be secure until a service technician arrives.
Upgrade your Automatic Opener to a 2.0 rolling code security.
Have your heard that criminals’ these days are using coding machines to access the emitted code from your older garage door motor unit. This makes it easy for them to open your garage door & gain access.
Merlin Automatic Garage Door Openers use SECURITY+ 2.0® which sends a new code with every remote click.
Add Merlin myQ Gateway & Safety Eyes bundle
There are so many benefits to adding the myQ security bundle. Listing them all would take me forever but here are a few key benefits i use daily.
- Remotely access your garage door to open / close.
- Check your garage door status while away from the home. Ever had to turn around to check your garage door is closed?
- Allow your parcels to be dropped inside your garage instead of at your front door. One is four Aussies have had their parcels / food deliveries stolen from their front doors.
- Receive notifications immediately to your phone when your garage door has been accessed,
- No more leaving spare keys out for family / friends
- Apple Watch compatible
- myQ technology will offer you improved peace of mind, knowing that you’ll always have access to your home – with or without your keys.
Does your child loose their keys or garage door remotes?
Is it really safe for our kids to carry keys & remotes to school in their bags?
With Merlin products you can install the myQ security app on their phones or instead install an external keypad eliminating any risk. Your child can simply enter your chosen code into the keypad & the garage door will open while also sending a notification to your phone & now you know your child is safety home from school.